Party time!!! Well, actually, not really. Spring Break in Cancun is apparently for undergrads, because our spring break consisted of the following: get up, eat breakfast, study until lunch, eat lunch, study until dinner, eat dinner, study until bed. For 5 straight days. Woohoo, break out the booze! Okay, so it sounds a little lame. But we did some of our studying in the backyard because the weather was beautiful. The intense studying on my part was for the MA Exam, a comprehensive, 4-field exam in which I sit in front of faculty for 2 hours and they ask me anything about cultural and biological anthropology, linguistics, and archaeology. This delightful session will take place on April 23 and I have to pass to continue on to my thesis, which I hope to begin in June. Just a little bit of pressure. So I've been pretty much freaking out and can't wait until it's over.
We did take a bit of time off to relax (in between study sessions) at Dad and Anja's house. The boys opened the pool and JJ was the first (and only) one in. I was also rewarded for my hard work and being accepted as author of a paper at the AAA conference by getting a dress that I've had my eye on. It's gorgeous and I feel so elegant in it - just like Diane Lane in "Under the Tuscan Sun."
But now we're back to school and taking advantage of every minute to study until the semester is over - one month to go. Which means that I have to get off the internet now and get back to the books. :)

1 comment:
loved talking to you last week! Too bad you can't make it on Saturday, but you will do great on your exam! love you 4 very much!
Rachey
Post a Comment