This week we thoroughly enjoyed our spring break. Ahhhh. I'm not quite ready to go back to school but it's tolerable knowing that we only have 5 weeks of classes left! Yea!
We started off the week visiting family. We got to see our niece, watch some movies, go to a nice dinner. It was a great start to our break. We didn't do homework the entire weekend! We were annoyed at a late snowstorm, though. Yuck.
We returned home early in the week and got back to work. I had a ton to do this week: study for a two hour oral exam I have next week, start research for two 20-page papers due at the end of the semester, grade 20 essays, read 6 articles and write an essay about them, write, administer, and do a statistical analysis of a survey... Whew. At least I got to do all of that from home!
Thursday we took our very good friend out to lunch. It was great food and great company.

The rest of the week really flew by. Yesterday the weather finally turned around with a high of 62. We were able to go for a run and enjoy sitting outside to read for a few hours. We also spied this adorable squirrel (who J.J. really wanted to play with) and a woodpecker in our backyard.


Last night we were invited to dinner with 4 very good friends. We spent several hours drinking coffee, eating a delicious dinner and cheesecake, playing guitar, and talking. I also got to play with our friend's two boys. I'm of course smitten with the 22 month old. He's a doll and I got a lot of giggles out of him as I pretend to munch on his feet. Ahh. Heaven.

Today was incredibly beautiful. We had a high of 89 degrees! (32 Celsius!) It was beautiful. I got to talk with my best friend on the phone while sitting outside and getting some much needed sun. We ate breakfast on our porch and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

So while I'm not thrilled that our break is over, I am very grateful for it. It was much needed and has left me feeling rejuvenated enough to take on the rest of the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment