Monday, January 19, 2009

There and Back Again...Our European Vacation Part I

First weekend - Arrival in Brussels and Ghent, Belgium
After many long but enjoyable hours in the air, we arrived in Brussels on December 27. My dearest friends in the world picked us up at the airport and I can't express my complete joy in seeing them again. It has been three long years since our last meeting and this reunion has been long overdue. We drove to Ghent and had our first lovely Belgian breakfast, fresh from the bakery. Of course, we couldn't have been there long before we had our first taste of my favorite Belgian beer, Kriek. I'm not normally a fan of beer, but the Belgians have made an art of it and have over 300 different types of beer, all more or less divine. Sunday we went downtown to Ghent and took in the lovely sights. Everything was still festive for the holidays.

No comments: