This week I am feeling great. I definitely felt the baby move, which I mentioned in my last post. Jonathan also felt the baby move early one morning this week. It is so thrilling and has made it feel so real that I find myself thinking about this little person inside me all the time. We heard the heartbeat at the OB's office on Thursday - loud and clear! We recorded it and got to share it with Jonathan's dad when we had breakfast together Friday morning. Jonathan had his qualifying exam this Friday (which he rocked), so mom came with me to the midwife appointment on Friday. The midwife warned me that we might not be able to hear the heartbeat if the baby isn't cooperating, which is normal. But after moving the doppler just one inch, we heard it! What a cooperative baby we already have! Mom loved hearing it. It meant a lot to me to have her there. Everything is going well - we are both healthy. The only concern so far is that I'm not gaining a whole lot of weight. In fact, I lost a pound since last month's appointment, for a total weight gain of 4 pounds since getting pregnant. I eat a lot and whenever I'm hungry, I just eat clean healthy food. We're going to keep an eye on it, but the midwife said she thought it was fine as long as I'm eating.
Like I said, I feel GREAT! I LOVE being pregnant! I have a normal amount of energy - I'm no more tired than usual. No nausea, no swelling, indigestion, heartburn, etc. If I didn't hear the heartbeat, I would be worried. I can't believe how good I feel. I think that glow thing might even be starting to kick in! I am hungry a lot, but not as much as early in the pregnancy when I had to eat all the time to keep from getting sick. Just like last week, I'm eating tons of fresh veggies and salads. I've been craving sweets, but haven't given in (except for eating lots of fresh pineapple). Blood pressure is great - 95/62. I've been exercising almost every day (about to head to yoga class in 15 minutes), and my mood has been markedly better this past week. I've felt the optimism return and the moody blues leave, which is awesome given the amount of stress that comes with the end of the semester. We both have a ton to do in a few weeks time, but my attitude is to push through and enjoy the rainbow on the other side in a couple weeks.
Enough about me, here is what is happening with Baby Cisco:
"Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop."
3 comments:
Oh poor JJ!!
As always, great post! I'm glad you continue to feel amazing, and I think I detect a little glow in those pictures :)
Congrats on passing quals, Jonathan!
Its amazing that you haven't given in to the sweets cravings or gained weight. You look like a super-fit mama to be! That belly is just adorable.
I just sent you an e-mail, but I now know the answer as to whether its continued to kick! I'm so glad to hear you're still loving pregnancy!
I love these updates! From the lime to the avocado...what's next? You look outstanding Jayme, and every day comes with more excitement and absolute wonder! The purest of thrills!!
All my love to all three of you!
Dad
Post a Comment