Saturday, March 30, 2013

6 months and a long winter



















This week Quinn turned 6 months old. We can't believe it! He is such a big boy. He is still in the 98th percentile for weight (at almost 22 pounds), and the 90th for length (at 28"). He is sitting up perfectly by himself. He said "Dada" this week, repeating Jonathan twice! He has now said Mama and Dada. He seems to understand what they mean too, because he hollers "Mama" when he wants me. He likes to sit on the couch and play with his soft blocks. He even brings them to his hands with his feet if they get away from him. He is whispering and will repeat when you whisper.

We bought him a little potty two weeks ago and he has already pooped and peed in it! We aren't working on potty training, just trying at elimination communication. He seems to enjoy it.

Sitting up all by himself!
We got MORE snow last week. I love it when it keeps Jonathan at home, but otherwise, I want it to go away! Spring needs to spring already! We are excited about getting our garden started. We are hoping to put in two raised bed gardens, rain barrels, green bean teepees, an herb garden, and possibly a chicken coop and hens. Come on nice weather so we can get outside! I've got cabin fever!
My boys

Pretty, yet irritating.

Yum! I love broccoli! Just like Mommy!




3 comments:

Peg's Pantry said...

I enjoy reading all your posts! It is so fun to see Quinn growing up. Time flies when you are having fun!

I am wishing for spring and some gardening too!

Hugs and love to all of you!
JoMama

Ariel said...

Quinn looks so handsome! It must be great to hear him say "mama".

Whenever the weather gets nicer, I'd love to see some photos of your new house on here, too!

Glad all is well with you. Love you!

Rachey said...

So sweet! You guys are doing great. I always enjoy your posts, babe.
Love all 5 of you.

Aunt Rachey