
This past week the weather was still pretty chilly. But this weekend we have had lovely weather! It is finally warm - oh be joyful! Quinn is finally getting to wear shorts instead of sweat pants, and we had our windows open at night to wake up to the birdies singing. Ah. I love spring!

Last weekend, Jonathan's mom, aunt, and grandmother came for a visit and to take us to lunch. They witnessed a diaper explosion that had us all laughing. They brought us some lovely Easter gifts, including some tulips I planted today, and books for Quinn.
It is always so nice to have family come to us, especially given Quinn's hatred of the car.
 |
| My niece, the fairy! |
Last week my family came for a visit. I got to spend time with my cousin, her husband, my niece, and meet my new nephew. We went all over town taking in some of the sights and spent lots of time doing baby things together. My nephew is just two months younger than Quinn. He is such a cutie, and like my cousin and me growing up, they look like total opposites. I would have a picture up of him, but can't figure out how to rotate photos in the new Blogger. :(

This past week Quinn has done some fun new things. Monday he figured out how to drink out of a straw! We were really surprised, as we didn't expect him to learn so early. He has been reaching for me and Jonathan when he wants us to pick him up. This week he tried new foods - lentils, cuties, and hummus. Hummus is the first "seasoned" food he has tried, and he loved it! He still nurses often, and I'm so glad because I love our nursing time together. Quinn also got his first Easter basket from my mom - full of fruit and practical fun things.

Jonathan and I are doing well. We are eagerly planning turning our yard into an edible landscape, including raised bed gardens with veggies, berry bushes, rain barrels, an herb garden, and a chicken coop. We hope to get started on the building and planting soon, now that the weather has finally warmed up. Bring on the homegrown organic goodies!
4 comments:
WOW! He's getting BIG!!
All my love!
Dad
He's really into that book! ; ) mom
Aw, sweet Baby Q. So glad you are doing well. Cannot wait to see you soon.
Love you 5 so much.
Aunt Rachey
So happy to see this loving family! Thanks for continuing to blog!
Hugs and love,
JoMama
Post a Comment