 |
| The Riverwalk |
Sorry
for the long delayed update! Two weeks ago we went to San Antonio for a
conference that Jonathan was presenting at. I've never thought much of
Texas, but I really enjoyed San Antonio. The weather was nice - chilly
in the mornings but nice and warm in the afternoons, especially compared
to the weather at home that week. Each day I put Quinn in the sling and
we went out to explore downtown until naptime, when we returned to our
hotel room. My favorite thing was the riverwalk. It is a level below the
street that meanders along the river with waterfalls, flowers, ducks,
and restaurants/shops all along it. I was so surprised at the beauty of
it in the middle of a big city. We went to the Alamo, swam in the hotel
pool, and I got an autograph and hug from Mario Lopez (remember AC
Slater from Saved by the Bell?)!
 |
| Flying! |
Quinn
also seemed to enjoy the trip. He loved riding around in the sling and
watching people. At least a half a dozen people a day came up to him to
say how cute he was and touch him (why do strangers insist on touching
babies' hands?! It's so not cool!). He did great with the travel
excluding the last flight, which was understandable given how tired we
all were.
Since returning from SA, Quinn seems to have entered a
new stage of development. He's never been a good napper, but now he is
down to about two 30 minute naps a day. He used to get cranky and easily
overstimulated before a nap. Now he seems to want to get completely
exhausted before sleeping, which means he wants to be up playing for
hours. He is trying hard to crawl and is close to figuring it out. He is
feeding himself with a spoon and wants to load the spoon or dip carrots
in things himself. He is saying Mama, Dadda, Baba, and almost has J.J.
down. He has also added "n", "w", and "g" to his repertoire of sounds.
He loves hummus and carrots, cheese and avocado, and lots of other
fruits and veggies. He weighs 23 pounds and wears 18-24 month clothing
and size 4 diapers. He is as big as a 1 1/2 year-old!
He did the
sweetest things this weekend. He was laying in between me and Jonathan
while nursing. He rolled toward Jonathan, stroked his arm, and said,
"Dadda." Later I had him wrapped up in my robe after a bath. I whispered
"I love you, Quinn," and he grabbed my face and gave me a big kiss!
 |
| Exploring the riverwalk |
 |
| In front of the Alamo |
 |
| One of dozens of waterfalls |
 |
| It's cold! |
In
other news, the semester is winding down. We've had the longest winter
ever - we had snow flurries on Friday! Thanks to Mother Nature, it's
been too cold to get our garden started, but we hope to this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment