
I forgot to mention a few other neat things Quinn just started doing. After we got back from San Antonio, he has been interested in having books read to him. He used to grab at the books and try to chew on them, not having the patience or interest in the story. Now he wants us to read to him! He "follows along" as we move our fingers under the words on each page. He gets excited when his favorite parts come up (because we do voices and sound effects). His favorites are a soft puppy book during which I bark and howl, and a bath book that ends with lots of splashing in the tub. It is so fun to share books with him now!

This week he suddenly started pulling himself up to standing. He grabs onto my shirt or hands and pulls himself up from the sitting position. I was so surprised when he did it Monday! We played a game the other night where we faced each other sitting. I would put my hands out and say, "Can you stand up?" He grabbed my hands and pulled himself up! After clapping and getting excited, I would ask him if he wanted to try again and told him to sit down. He sat down. And we did this over and over! So cool!!!!
Here are some lovely pictures mom took a few weeks ago that I forgot to post.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers out there. I never knew what each and every mother sacrifices by virtue of just being a mother. I am proud and honored to be in the club!
2 comments:
Happy Mother's day to you, dear! ; )
That last picture is just tooo cute.
It sounds like Quinn is doing incredibly well, and I hope YOU are doing well, too.
Love you!
Post a Comment