Saturday, April 12, 2008

The 10k... Accomplished!

Jay Dix Challenge to Cure 2008

As everyone has probably heard, I have been training for my first 10k since January. (10k is a little over 6 miles for those of you who are metric-system challenged :)
The weather was not the best for a race: freezing temperatures and at one point, light snow. I was aiming for a finish time close to 1:10, and I am proud to announce that I beat that goal today! You can see the results below:

#16 Cisco, Jayme Total time: 1:02:03 Pace: 10:00.6 minute miles

I had a great time and want to thank my devoted husband for standing in the freezing cold to cheer me on! Thank you, Jonathan! I also want to thank everyone else for their encouragement (especially my co-worker who called me this morning to wish me luck).

Below I am finishing up Lap one: 5k.
Exhausted but elated at the end of the race.

Below you can see the video Jonathan took of my last steps to the finish line.


I did it! 


1 comment:

UL said...

Oh my gosh, Jayme. YOU ROCK!!! I am so proud of you. I was thinking of you all morning and at 9:10 I told Andy that you are done with the first mile while we were still in pjs. Awesome job. Now enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you on Monday.