Monday, July 13, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

We had a wonderfully relaxing weekend. Saturday morning we got up early, ate breakfast, and then decided to take an impromptu nap on the couch. J.J. joined us. We indulgently slept until 9:00. We did a little packing, reading, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. Saturday afternoon, Lydia came over with some of her friends and we really enjoyed seeing her and meeting them. Love you Lydia!!
Sunday morning was a glorious repeat of Saturday morning. Then we got up and ran on the trail. I was supposed to run 8 miles again. However, after 6 miles, I exited the trail and hit the pavement toward home when it began pouring! I was soaked in about 2 minutes which was actually quite refreshing but the thunder and lightning was a bit scary. I was thinking to myself - "I think people survive lightning strikes, right?" Then my hero came to take me home in the car about a third of a mile from home. Hurray! Sunday evening we took J.J. for a walk on the trail and enjoyed the beautiful sky. It was a perfect weekend to end our two year residence in our condo. We move this week!
J.J. and Jonathan on our lovely walk Sunday evening.
Pretty sky from the trail.
The definition of lazy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohmigoodness. The last pic of JJ is sooooo cute! I'm glad you are ending the condo on a good note. I've been in the position you're in...and then I've been in the opposite. Tragic. Sorry I can't help with the move this weekend. I hope you 4 can make a smooth transition. I am thinking of you all, and love you very much! See you soon for the big sale!

Ben said...

Good luck with the move!!!