Yesterday was my 25th birthday and what a surprisingly wonderful birthday it was! Jonathan and I didn't plan too much, since we are celebrating this weekend by staying the night in a cute B&B out of town and visiting wineries. But it seemed like there was a surprise around every corner. The day started off with an e-card from my best friend in Belgium and a glorious muffin and coffee from Panera Bread.

Next, at work, my co-worker surprised me with a homemade Frasier card and a Yankee candle (which turned out to be my favorite scent). Imagine my surprise when a half an hour later the receptionist came into my office singing Happy Birthday with a bouquet! I think it may be the first time I've gotten flowers in a few years and it was so wonderful to see someone walking by with flowers, only to discover that they were for me! My cousin, Kaylen, sent them and they are just beautiful. Of course, the best part about getting flowers at work is that everyone who sees them has to stop and ask why you got them, which results in getting many more birthday wishes than you would if you didn't have flowers on your desk.

I had planned on working through lunch and not doing anything special, when my former boss and very good friend emailed me at 11:30 to see if I could go to lunch with her. She treated me to a lovely lunch which culminated in a mini carrot cake. Yummy!

For dinner, Jonathan and I went to a local brewery and got oven-fired pizza which was very tasty.

The pizza was followed by my favorite dessert, a gooey chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. The best part of the dessert was that it was free. :)

After dinner, Jonathan and I went to my mom's to pick up JJ, whom she graciously puppy-sat for us for most of the day. My sister gave me a lovely shawl and mom gave me some Crabtree and Evelyn and lovely candles. Which I've already used.

Perhaps the best part of the day was getting emails, phone calls, and well wishes from so many loved ones. All of Jonathan's family and mine either called or emailed and some even sang Happy Birthday. Dear friends also wished me a great day, and I think all of these wonderful wishes made it an incredible birthday. It was the best one I can remember in a very long time. Thank you so much everyone! You all did so much to make my birthday special and I feel so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family.
2 comments:
...and all of that because you're who you are, Jayme! Glad you had such a great birthday!
All my love,
Dad
I'm glad you enjoyed my lovely rendition of Happy Birthday. Jer wanted me to wait until he got home, but I called you right before I got his text! So happy belated bday from him:)
Love you girl. The big 2-5 was a good year for me...I hope it's even better for you.
Love you both,
Rachey
Post a Comment