Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great News!!

I received the most fantastic news last week! I have been accepted to present my thesis research at the AAA (American Anthropological Association) conference this November in New Orleans! This is the most important conference in my field and I truly doubted that I would be accepted as a lowly master's student. Most of the presenters at the conference are professionals with the occasional near-graduation PhD student. The great news is that I will have something shiny to put on my resume as well as have the opportunity to gain valuable experience. The not so great news is that I have not yet started my thesis. I hope to start this summer and finish by November. Yikes! I better get to work!

2 comments:

Dad said...

We are all so very proud of you, and for you, Jayme!

Congratulations!!!

All our love,
Dad

Ursa said...

This is huge!!! But there is no question or doubt why you were chosen. You are amazing. Your love for anthropology shows in every way. Awesome job, Jayme!