Monday, March 1, 2010

J.J.'s birthday and a nice weekend

J.J. turned a year old on Wednesday. We got him a new bed and some treats, plus I baked him a cake and had my mom over to celebrate. I know what you're thinking - but I don't have children (of the human variety) so give me a break! :)
We went to see family this weekend and had a great time. Dad and Anja were dog-sitting their neighbor's retriever so we had two bushy-butt doggies in the house. J.J. loved playing with Dixie.
Then we got to see our niece and nephew, which was very nice. Jonathan and I have new names according to our nephew - Uncle Johnny and Aunt Jenny. That's okay though, I've heard him come up with worse names - Rachey, you know what we mean. :)
J.J. figured out that the pool cover sinks and the water comes up if he stands on it, so he got out pretty far trying to catch the ice floating. He got really cold and wet but didn't seem to mind.
Overall, a pretty good week and great weekend. Gearing up for another week of school and lots of birthdays of friends and family this week.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Great pictures, "Aunt Jenny"! We had a wonderful time with you guys, and appreciate you spending the weekend with us!

Have a wonderfully productive week!

All my love,
Dad

Unknown said...

hey to the J's! I know what you mean about Grayson's names. I still hear Aunt Titty every once in a while..Ha! Loved talking to you over the weekend. Hope to see and talk to you soon. Love you 4 very much;)
Rachey