Not having grown up around dogs, I never could have anticipated the place he's come to occupy in our hearts. He is so human and so childlike. He has comforted me many times when I've been sick or sad, he wakes us up every morning with kisses, and we fall asleep every night to the sound of his little groans when he lays down in his bed. I had no idea how much he would enrich our lives when we picked him up a year ago. Then I imagined him being a nice pet, but he's much more like our child (and certainly a preview to the anxieties and joys of parenting). It's hard to believe that this 80 pound goliath was only 8 pounds a year ago. My how time flies. I can't (and don't want to) imagine our lives without him. It has been a wonderful year, and I hope we have many many more together.
Monday, April 26, 2010
One year with J.J.
Not having grown up around dogs, I never could have anticipated the place he's come to occupy in our hearts. He is so human and so childlike. He has comforted me many times when I've been sick or sad, he wakes us up every morning with kisses, and we fall asleep every night to the sound of his little groans when he lays down in his bed. I had no idea how much he would enrich our lives when we picked him up a year ago. Then I imagined him being a nice pet, but he's much more like our child (and certainly a preview to the anxieties and joys of parenting). It's hard to believe that this 80 pound goliath was only 8 pounds a year ago. My how time flies. I can't (and don't want to) imagine our lives without him. It has been a wonderful year, and I hope we have many many more together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Unconditional love, guys! He's always thrilled to see you, and just as happy to simply be with you! J.J. will continue to bring you great happiness, and will know great love in return! That young puppy really "scored" when you brought him into your lives.
All my love,
Dad
Sweet Puppy! Love him and love you.
Rachey
Post a Comment